SURGICAL TRAINING FOR IMPLANT PLACEMENT
This course is designed to provide clinical expertise based on scientific background for colleagues with limited experience. The teaching model combines implant placement in models as well as hands-on in an animal model.
- Fundenetals of radiology for implant placement
- Timing of implant placement, healing models of extraction site
- Surface characteristics and implant geometry
- Tissue healing after implant surgery
- Surgical technicality
- Flap advancement and tissue phenotype
- Intra and post surgical complications and management
- Avoiding complications
- Introduction of the system used
9:30-11:00 Didactic training
11:00-12: Video training and discussion
13:30-16:30 Implant placement on models and sheep head. All participants will be able to place three implants.
HAND INSTRUMENTS AND CONSUMABLES
All hand instruments scalpel blades and sutures are generously provided by Hu-Friedy.
Implants will be provided by the industry.
All other consumables are provided by the organisation but bringing your own loupe is highly recommended.
The course is for 12 participants. The only prerequisite is being attended to the Soft Tissue Management Course I&II, and enough English skills to communicate. The course language is English.
Further Information and Registration: firstname.lastname@example.org