This course is designed to help participants incorporate basic soft tissue management procedures into their daily practices. Course also combines didactic lectures and hands-on workshop with sheep heads. The aim of this course is to build up the confidence to practice soft tissue surgical procedures in the office setting. The method of teaching is based on one to one interaction between the participant and the tutor allowing the best practice of learning on an animal model.
- Basic principles of wound healing
- Types of flaps and basic rules of predictable healing.
- Repositioned flaps
- Vestibulum depth and clinical significance in natural dentition and implants
- Keratinized tissue and implants
- Free gingival epithelised grafts
- Surgical armamentarium for atraumatic procedures
- Sutures and suturing
9:30-12:30 Didactic training
13:30-17:30 Hand-on training on sheep jaws
HAND INSTRUMENTS AND CONSUMABLES
All hand instruments scalpel blades and sutures are generously provided by Hu-Friedy.
All other consumables are provided by the organisation but bringing your own loupe is highly recommended.
The course is for 12 participants. The only prerequisite is being a dentist, and enough English skills to communicate. The course language is English.
Further Information and Registration: firstname.lastname@example.org